Adding an Addon Domain Print this Article
An addon domain is an additional domain that you can add to your hosting account. Use addon domains to host additional domains/websites on your account. Addon domains will have their own separate directory to distinguish between your sites.
Step 2: Click Addon Domains under the Domains heading.
Step 3: Complete the Addon Domains form and then click Add Domain:
- New Domain Name - The domain name that you would already own, and that you would like to add to your hosting account.
- Subdomain - This will automatically be populated with the domain name you enter. You can change the subdomain if you wish.
- Document Root - This will automatically be populated with the domain name you enter. You can change the document root to a different directory if you wish. The document root is the separate directory where all of the new domain's files will be stored, and where the addon domain will be mapped to.
- Create an FTP Account (Optional)
- FTP Username - This will automatically be populated with the domain name you enter. You can change the username if you wish.
- Password - The password that will be used by the FTP user.
After clicking Add Domain, your new domain name will be configured and added to your hosting account (this might take a few minutes).
Ensure that you update the nameservers of your addon domain to Jolly Leaf's nameservers to ensure the domain name maps correctly.