Welcome to the Jolly Leaf Privacy Notice. We are committed to safeguarding and respecting the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
Our Privacy Notice aims to help you understand what information we collect about you, how we process your personal data, what procedures we have in place to protect your personal data and outline your privacy rights.
1. Who we are
When you are using our website and our services, Jolly Leaf (referred to as “we”, ”us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is the data controller, data processor and we are responsible for your personal data.
When we refer to our website, or our services, we are referring to our website https://jollyleaf.com/
2. How you can contact us
We have an appointed Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) who is responsible for overseeing our data protection strategies. If at any time you have questions about our practices, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights described below, you may reach our DPO by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Where we collect your personal information from
We collect personal data so that we can provide you with the best possible service. We may collect, store and transfer personal data about you in the following ways:
Data you directly give to us when you:
- Create an account or purchase any of our services;
- Reach out for support via any of our support channels (e.g. support tickets, email, social media, live chat);
- Engage with us on social media;
- Complete contact forms;
- Give us feedback, comments and product reviews;
- Participate in contests and promotions; or
- Complete a survey
Additional data we collect when you use our services:
- Account and Service-Related Data - We collect and store data about services you have with us. This includes service registration, renewal and expiration dates, account/service numbers, purchases, customer service requests and additional service notes explaining extra details about your service that may help to us to provide you with a more bespoke service.
- Location - We will use your location provided by your Internet Protocol (IP) address so that we can personalise our services.
- Data About Usage of Services - We automatically collect data when you use and interact with our services, this includes metadata, log files, cookie/device session IDs and location data. The data collected includes specific data about your interactions with our services, including content and links visited, IP address, browser type and version, operating system, date and time services were used and cookie data.
- Third Parties - We may receive personal data about you, such as location, device type, browser type and version, operating system, IP address, from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Analytical providers;
- Affiliate network providers;
- Advertising networks; and
- Search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical and payment service providers.
4. Data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual whereby an individual can be identified.
We may collect, process, store and transfer the following personal data about you:
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Login data
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Time zone setting and location
- Operating system
- Feedback and survey responses
- Preference in receiving marketing communications
5. How we use your personal data
We are committed to minimising the data we collect and will only use personal data about you if the law allows us to do so. We will use your personal data in the following circumstances and lawful bases:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (For example, if you take up a new hosting service with us, we’ll need to collect your name, website and billing details to set up your hosting service).
- Where it is necessary for legitimate interests of us, or those of a third party, and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We may contact you directly, or through a third party service provider, regarding a product or service you have signed up or purchased from us. (For example, we will use your email address to send you specific information and setup instructions about a new service you have purchased from us). We may also contact you with offers and promotions for services if you give us consent to do so.
- Where we need to comply with legal, regulatory and law enforcement obligations. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will pass on any information about individuals involved, in our sole discretion, in fraud or other criminal activity affecting us to law enforcement agencies.
- Where we can collect and process your data with your consent (For example, when you tick a box to receive promotional materials and email newsletters on our website). You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing materials at any time via the Jolly Leaf Tree House or by contacting us.
5.1. Personal data we collect about you, how we use it, and the legal basis for processing such data
We have set out in the table below the personal data we collect, store and process about you, how we use it, and the legal basis on which we use the personal data.
|Purpose and Activity||Type of Data||Our Lawful Basis for Processing This Data|
|Creating an account with us as a new customer. ||Full name, company name, email address, login credentials, address, phone number, currency, acceptance of terms and conditions, IP address, location, marketing communication preferences ||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Processing your order and delivering our services to you. ||Full name, company name, email address, address, currency, IP address, location, order ID, marketing communication preferences, financial transaction details ||Performance of a contract with you.
Necessary for legitimate business interests.
|Communicating promotions, newsletters and blog updates to keep you informed about relevant products and services. ||Full name, email address, marketing communication preferences ||Subject to your consent.|
|Featuring you, and your website, in a case study on our blog. ||Full name, photographs of you and your website ||Subject to your consent. |
|Managing our relationship with you. This includes notifying you about changes to our terms and conditions, privacy notice and acceptable usage policy. ||Full name, address, email address ||Performance of a contract with you.
Necessary to comply with legal obligations.
|Partaking in competitions, surveys and requesting feedback reviews to help improve our services. ||Full name, address, email address, product/service details (e.g. domain name) ||Necessary for legitimate business interests.
Subject to your consent. We do not require prior consent when sent by email, as we have a legitimate interest to do so as it helps us make our services better.
|Providing you with support and assist with general enquiries through our various contact channels including tickets, emails, live chat and social media. ||Full name, product/service data (e.g. domain name), device type, operating system and version, IP address, location, login data, time zone settings ||Performance of a contract with you.
Necessary for legitimate business interests.
|Use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customers relationships and experiences. ||Device type, operating system and version, IP address, location, login data, time zone settings, information about how you use our services ||Necessary for legitimate business interests to continually improve our service offered, keep our website update and develop our business and marketing strategies.|
A cookie is a small file that is placed on your device that Jolly Leaf uses to identify and keep track of visitors. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies that our website attempts to store on your device. However, if you do disable or refuse all, or some cookies, some parts of our website and services may become inaccessible or not function properly.
Jolly Leaf uses different types of cookies which are described below:
- Cookies for Improving Our Website and Analytics
- Cookies for Affiliate Tracking
We reward existing customers who are members of our Affiliate Programme, who refer visitors to our website and convert into customers. To track which existing customer referred a visitor to our website, we place a cookie on the visitor’s device to ensure we successfully reward our existing customers for their referral.
- Cookies for Account Management
When a Jolly Leaf customer logs into the Jolly Leaf Tree House, we store data about the customer in a cookie for convenience. For example, the cookie may contain the customer ID so we can look the customer up on our database, so we know who the customer is over a long period of time, rather than having the customer logging in regularly.
5.3. Opting Out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
6. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in section 5.1:
- Internal third parties
- External third parties as outlined below:
|Name of Party||Type of Service||Data Processed ||Purpose|
|Xero Limited ||Accountancy Software ||Full name, address, email address, transaction details, order ID ||To maintain accurate company financial accounts.|
|PayPal ||Payment Processor ||Full name, address, email address, order ID, invoice ID, date and time, location and card and/or bank information to process your payment ||To process payments and collect funds due from customers. |
|MaxMind Inc. ||Digital Mapping ||Full name, address, email address, IP address and location ||To screen and prevent fraudulent orders from being placed. |
|Namecheap ||Domain Name Registrar ||Full name, address, telephone number, email address for domain registration, transfer and renewal ||To register, transfer and renew domain names for orders.|
|Krystal Hosting Ltd t/a Smart Hosting ||Server Infrastructure ||Full name, email address, login credentials ||Part of our hosting infrastructure for our hosting services. |
|Google ||Cloud-based Analytical Software ||IP address, browser type and version, operating system and version, location, date and time of visits, pages visited, duration of visit ||To analyse and monitor visitor and customer interactions with our services. |
|Tawk.to Inc ||Live Chat Services ||Full name, email address, IP address, location, pages visited, and log of live chat discussion ||To provide support and answer general enquiries to website visitors and service users|
|MailChimp ||Email Communication Services ||Full name, email address ||To communicate with you regarding your product/service you have with us, and send you promotions where you have consented. |
|Stripe ||Payment Processor ||Full name, address, email address, order ID, invoice ID, date and time, location and card and/or bank information to process your payment ||To process payments and collect funds due from customers. |
|Enom LLC ||Domain Name Registrar ||Full name, address, telephone number, email address for domain registration, transfer and renewal ||To register, transfer and renew domain names for orders.|
- Third party businesses we may seek to acquire or merge with. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as outlined in this privacy notice
We require all third parties we share your personal data with to respect the security of your personal data and act in accruable with the law. We only provide third parties with minimal personal data that is absolutely necessary for the purpose/activity we have instructed them to do. In addition, we do not allow third parties to use your personal data for their own purposes.
7. Failing to provide personal data
In situations where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have, or are trying to enter into with you. For example, a contract to provide you with a hosting service you have purchased from us.
In such circumstances where adequate personal data has not been received, we may have to cancel a service you have with us.
8. Third party links
Our website and services may include links to external third party website, plug-ins and application. Clicking on these links or allowing access to plug-ins and application may allow third parties to collect and/or share personal data about you. We do not control these third-party websites, and do not influence their privacy notices.
Whenever you leave our website or services through a link, we encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with the privacy notice of the third party website, plugin-in or application.
9. Transferring your personal data outside the EEA
As mentioned in Section 6 we share your personal data with internal parties and external third parties where necessary for the purposes outlined in Section 5.1. The process of sharing this data may involve transferring your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of the EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Furthermore, if you utilise our services from a country other than the country where our servers are located, your communications with us may result in your personal data being transferred across international borders. In addition, when you get in touch with us via our support channels (social media, tickets, live chat and email), we may provide you with support outside your country of origin.
Where your data is transferred outside of the EAA and across international borders, we ensure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in the EEA by ensuring adequate safeguarding measures are in place.
Please contact us if you would like further information on the specific procedures used by us when transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
10. Data security
We follow stringent procedures across our business to ensure high standards towards the data personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received. These measures are put in place to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, altered or disclosed, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
In addition, employees have limited access to personal data only where required. Furthermore, they will only process your personal data when instructed and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Data retention
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes.
To determine the appropriate period of time to retain your personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, as well as the potential risk of harm from unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal data.
For research or statistical purposes, we may anonymise your personal data and retain the data for a sustained period of time. By anonymising the data, the data can no longer be associated with you.
If you have any questions about the retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com
We may use your personal data, such as your full name and email address, to keep you informed about relevant services and promotions that we have to offer. We can only use your personal data to send you marketing communications if we have your consent, or a legitimate interest to do so.
You can opt-out of our marketing communications at any time. You can do this by using the opt-out links/instructions in the messages we send you, via the Jolly leaf Tree House, or alternatively by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Age restrictions
Our services are not targeted to or intended to be consumed by children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
14. Your rights
Data protection laws provide the following rights for individuals in relation to your personal data:
- The right to be informed;
- The right of access;
- The right of rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object; and
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
15. How you can access, update or delete your data
You can easily access, view, update and delete part or all of your personal data via the Jolly Leaf Tree House. Please sign into your account and click “Edit Account Settings” right the top right-hand corner of most pages.
If, for any reason, you are unable to access, view, update or delete your personal data via the Jolly Leaf Tree House, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Making a complaint and contacting us
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal data, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com
You, as the data subject, also have to right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their contact details can be found on their website at www.ico.org.uk
. However, we would be grateful for the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, therefore please contact us in the first instance.